Education within the interdisciplinary PhD programme " Society of the Future " lasts four years and takes place in English. As part of the program, a PhD student is required to obtain at least 40 ECTS points.
The programme offers:
- the supervision regarding the preparation of the doctoral thesis provided by an eminent professor being a faculty member of the Jagiellonian University in Cracow
- the support of the Doctoral Committee composed of three highly qualified scholars representing the disciplines related to the discipline in which the doctoral thesis is prepared
- the possibility of conducting an individual research project at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow which is the leading Polish scientific institution, funded in 1364 as one of the oldest universities in Europe, collaborating with major academic centres from all over the world
- a scholarship for each doctoral student (read more here)
- the possibility to obtain mini-grants from the funds of the Jagiellonian University for the implementation of the doctoral project as well as for the participation in the scientific conferences, study visits, purchase of materials and dissemination of research results
- the possibility of applying for additional funds for conducting research from external sources, such as the Polish National Science Centre or the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange.
The education programme includes four modules:
- Interdisciplinary and specialised education – courses enabling to obtain the general orientation in the social sciences and to conduct interdisciplinary research as well as to acquire in-depth knowledge in the area of the discipline where the individual research plan is conducted and the doctoral thesis is prepared
- Research methodology – courses enabling to obtain advanced methodological competence necessary to design and conduct scientific research as well as to carry out an individual research plan, including advanced methods and techniques of qualitative and quantitative research
- Academic competences – courses enabling to obtain competence necessary for building academic career, such as academic writing, self-presentation and public speeches, raising funds for research, managing research projects, developing scientific cooperation skills
- Professional competences and soft skills, including preparation for teaching – courses enabling to obtain didactic competence on the academic level as well as competence necessary for professional non-academic activity.
Attached you will find the education programmes.