📅 The 15th CEE Forum of Young Legal, Political and Social Theorists's leading theme is Democratic futures: New technologies, crises, emotions. The forum will be held on September 14th-15h 2023 in Kraków, Poland. The conference website you may find here:https://www.uj.edu.pl/web/confer-cee-forum2023/cee
➡️ We welcome all contributions broadly relevant to the main topic: democratic futures and/or any of the three streams. Many possible futures must be thought through first before they can unfold. Our meeting’s aim is to reflect on the past, present and especially the future of democratic politics, law and society from the perspective of Central and Eastern Europe. We encourage all legal, social and political theorists to apply, even if the main topics aren't of your scientific speciality. There will be a special open panel for the research fields generally connected with the spirit of CEE Forum.
➡️ Some examples of topics on which the contributions to the conference can be made:
• New technologies and democracy: dangers and opportunities
• Digital technologies and civil society
• New or alternative political and democratic practices and ideas worldwide
• Democracy, sustainability and technology
• Crises of democracy: citizenship and political practice in troubled times
• Russian invasion in Ukraine and its political, legal and social consequences
• Climate and ecological crisis and its relation to democratic politics, law and society
• Economies of crises and their legal, political and social implications
• Emotions and rationality in legal and political discourse
• Persuasive politics: does the emotional beat the rational fot connecting with citizens?
• History of emotions in law, politics and society
• Emotions, law and political legitimacy
👩🎓 The conference is aimed at students, PhD students as well as young post-docs and professors coming from all over the world (not only from Central and Eastern Europe).
📝 The conference language is English. If you wish to participate, please send us an abstract of about 300-500 words at email@example.com by 30th of June 2023. We highly suggest adding your academic affiliation as well as references and up to 5 keywords to your abstract. We will notify you of the acceptance of papers by 12th of July 2023. After the conference, selected participants will be invited to submit their papers for publication in a volume of the conference proceedings, our Central and Eastern European Forum for Legal, Political, and Social Theory Yearbook.
📝 The participation fee is 100 EUR and covers conference materials, coffee and snacks during the breaks, as well as lunch meals and joint dinner. We kindly ask participants to arrange and pay for their travel and accommodation individually. We will advise on lodging and directions as well as communicate the payment instructions to accepted participants via email.
✉️ In case you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Organising Committee via our conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you in Krakow this autumn!