Mini-grants are dedicated to PhD students in School in the Social Sciences at Jagiellonian University. Their aim is to enhance the quality of research and facilitate scientific careers of doctoral students.
Competition winners will be awarded funds for no longer than 18 months, and the final date for the realization of grant is 30 November 2020. The amount applied for cannot exceed 10,000 PLN. In competition each doctoral student may submit only one application.
The application should be submitted in School in the Social Sciences (Łojasiewicza 4, room 2.362), on the form that is appendix no. 1, till 28 February 2020. Applications meeting formal requirements will be assessed by the commission. Commission consisting of doctoral programs coordinators and the director of the school will approve the list of applications recommended for financing. The members of the commission do not assess applications of doctoral students for whom they serve as thesis supervisors. Applications will be assess within 30 days after the final data for submissions.
Criteria taken into account in assessment of applications are as follows:
- Significance of scientific outcomes of the project for the discipline,
- Content value of the application,
- Prospect for the completion and expected outcomes of planned actions,
- Validity of planned expenses,
- Assessment of previously awarded grant.
Grant may be allocated to:
- Outsourced services
- Purchase of materials indispensable in the realization of the project
- Conferences, internships, study visits, exploratory trips (field work, interviews) linked to the subject of the research
- Publication and dissemination of research outcomes
The final report is to be submitted by doctoral student by 31 December 2021. The appendix no. 2 is a form for final report.